Sep 10, 2007

What an awesome day

All I can think to say is WOW!

Yesterday was an incredible day. It was great on so many different levels.

First, the crowd was great. Too much focus on numbers can get in the way of making disciples sometimes, but still, having a little under 500 total including workers is unbelievable!!

I am so humbled. I am not an emotional guy but I admit I got a little watery in the eyes when I saw all the people I did not know coming.

Secondly, I also was humbled when I saw all the volunteers working. It was clear that they were not working for Jerry, but they had caught our vision and were working for the applause of our God. They were working to serve you who came to make sure the environment was one that communicated that you were wanted and accepted.

Third, I loved the sense of hunger in the room. I really sensed that people were coming hungry. The environment was great.

Fourth, Our nursery and our All-star Kids Gameday was incredible. I have heard from several people that their children have told them that Piedmont is where they want to go to church. When your kids are asking to go to church, you can't get any better than that.

Fourth, I am thankful for those who helped the dream come alive. There were several people involved in getting Piedmont up and going. They gave of themselves and their money. They bought into a church like ours before it even had a service. It is now all of our jobs to keep PC running strong, but I am thankful for those who sacrificed to make this happen.

Most of all, I am so grateful to God. I never would have dreamed that I would have the luxury of leading a church like Piedmont, and to have a great partner in Jana to do it with. I thank God for everyone in my present and past. I have learned so much through the journey of my life that God has written for me. Every situation, good and bad, has taught me so much about God, myself, life, grace, humility, strength, and forgiveness ...and I hope to share it with you over the weeks and month ahead.

See ya here at blogspot tomorrow, and see you Sunday at Piedmont Church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praising God with you for an amazing day yesterday, and thanking Him for allowing me to be a part of what He is doing at Piedmont Church!
Kim

ChrissyCherie said...

It's great to hear that the turnout was such a blessing! Good job!