Sep 5, 2007

A Friend

Encouragement from a friend is a good thing. I went to the Atlanta Braves game today with a friend. He is one of the senior staff positions of a successful church in our area. I respect him and what he has done with his ministry. He loves and values the church where he serves. A good minister, husband, father, and an all around good guy.

In talking about Piedmont church he said something like, "Jerry, you guys have an opportunity to create some new norms of how church is to be done in middle Georgia." I agree with him and hope that we can accomplish that. I hope that God will give us the wisdom to take this opportunity and make the most of it. I pray the we understand the privilege and responsibility we have to create a new place and a new way to do church. I hope we will give beyond our best and that we do it all for Him and his glory.

Not unto us, but unto you oh God.

Pray for us as we begin this new chapter.

Wow! What an amazing God I have as a friend!!!!

No comments: