Aug 14, 2007

Meeting God

It has been 11 days since I posted and I was afraid that someone was going to post one of those, "Jerry where are you post," that I have gotten before.

I am realizing more and more these days that I don't need to "find God" as much as I just need to meet with him.

The idea of finding him is that he is not where I am and I have to do something to experience his presence. Often people think they have to improve some aspect of their life before they can "find God."

But instead I need to think that my responsibility is to meet with God wherever I am. Just take the time to give him my attention whenever I think about it.

You can find God anywhere if you just meet with him.

Matthew found him as he ripped people off as a tax collector, Peter found him on the job, Paul found him as he was on his way to murder people...God is there with you in all circumstances.

Don't worry about finding him, he as already found you. Just take the time to meet with him.

No comments: