Aug 19, 2007

Athens Church

I was in Athens today, all you Bulldog fans would be proud. I even ate at the Varsity. It was some good eating...the fat grams were so big you could see each one, but that is why it tasted so good.

I was at a church that has a similar mission and heart as Piedmont. We both have a passion to create environments that attract people who are far from God and help them establish a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. It was neat to talk with many of the volunteers and some staff and have an instant connection because we have the same passions and philosophy.

This is what I love about Piedmont Church. I love being with this group of people who are passionate about creating environments that lead people into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ. Starting a church is not an easy task, but it is exciting work to partner with a lot of other people who are want to come to church to welcome, inform, and to serve those who may be coming to church for the first time or at least the first time in a long time.

The Volunteers and Staff of Piedmont are awesome and I feel privileged to serve with them. I know that when you come that you will find yourself saying what a guy told me last week. He said, "I told my wife, you can not come to this church and not be in a good mood." PC is a great place to be and serve.

I can not wait for September 9th. I challenge you to invite someone to come with you and be a part of something new.

5 comments:

john alan turner said...

I've left you voicemail, sent you email. Now I'm going to start stalking you on your blog!

Praying for you and Piedmont Church on September 9. Can't wait to come for a visit!

Jerry said...

I know, I know. I will call you tomorrow. I would never ignore a famous author and speaker like yourself.

john alan turner said...

I'm ignoring you now.

Jerry said...

To those who do not know, John is a well known author, speaker, and an occasional friend of mine. This when he is not being a pain in my side.

To those who attend Piedmont Church you will hear him speak on occasion, that is if I liked him that week.

john alan turner said...

How will they hear me if I am never officially invited?