Aug 29, 2007

My Real Job

I am often asked about what I do. When people ask, "What you do?" or "What you do for a living?", they are generally asking what is your job or career. I usually do not like to tell them I am a pastor because then they act funny around you, or quickly tell you that they do go to church, or my favorite is that they apologize whenever they say anything they think could be considered off-color.

But tonight I was reminded what my real job is everyday. The whole Dingmore clan went to the Macon Music Baseball game because Colton's Allstar team was going to get to go on the field and get a ball. It was their end of the year party.

As I watched Colton, Kenzie, and Asher run around and having fun, I was reminded that they are my real job. I was reminded that they are the best legacy that I could leave behind, and being their Dad is my greatest job.

Before I had kids I really didn't understand all this. To be honest, I do not do a lot of things well, but being the best dad I can be is something I can not fail at. So God, help me in this for I can not do it alone.

No comments: