Aug 6, 2008

Verge


Well I am ending a week with the family and have had a great time. I have been thinking about our Verge effort coming up. What an opportunity we have.

Piedmont Church has lifted off the ground with great success. For a new church start we are doing great. I am so proud of the volunteers and staff that have gotten us to this place. I really get overwhelmed when I think about it.

Verge is what we are calling our next step. I define the word Verge as that point beyond which something new breaks out. I think that is where PC is, we are at that point in which we are about to launch into a new level of ministry. We have accomplish so much without a facility but it has also limited us. I have no doubt that our potential is sky high in helping people get connected to Jesus Christ in a real and meaningful way, but we need the resources to get there and our building is a huge needed resource.

Understand that a getting a building is not our goal. No, our goal is life change in people, the building is just a tool to help us accomplish this. I ask you that if you read this blog, even if you do not go to PC, pray and see if God has you to help us dominate this city with the love and grace of Jesus Christ. I am excited for Piedmont Church and for Middle Georgia as PC with your help moves to a new level.

3 comments:

Chad said...

Jerry, I think Verge is awesome. It is the next step for Piedmont to Dominate this city for Christ. I have witnessed first hand this Church grow right before our own eyes. I like you believe that not having a permanent location has hindered us. But we as a Church family have not backed down. With volunteers like Piedmont has there is no quit. The staff at Piedmont is focused on the task at hand. Which is to Dominate this city for Christ. Thanks for all you do Jerry and also to the staff of Piedmont.

Doak Taylor said...

Jerry, this is Doak. I am at Todd and Melissa's in McKinney and they told me about your blog and church. We are back from Germany after 4 years and wanted to say hello. Will be praying for Verge.

doak

Aimee said...

I am so excited about being part of the Verge movement, not just as an event planner or team member, but as a participant, and most importantly, an engaged spectator to see first-hand what GOD is going to do. It's really awesome to know that we are going to attempt something that only God can do - and we get to watch HIM show up and show off! God is so cool like that!