Aug 21, 2008

last night

I met with several of the leaders of Piedmont Church last night. The leaders of Piedmont are not a group of men on a board making decisions...that is the staff's job. No, the leaders of Piedmont are the men and women who serve others on Sunday. To be a leader it is simple...serve somebody.

I had them together to talk about the Verge effort. It is very important to understand that the Verge effort is not simply a campaign to raise money to get into our building. We do hope that we raise money, but it is so much more than that.

We did not set a dollar goal for the Verge effort, instead made our goal getting everyone at PC that we can to seek God earnestly during the campaign. I believe that we will see some people's lives changed and we will get to raise some money.

I challenge all who attend PC to seek God over the next several weeks and ask two things:

1. God what is the one things you desire out of me at this stage of my life? What ever it is God I will do it.

2. God what would you have me do to help Piedmont take this next step for we are on the Verge of something even greater than what we have seen you do?

Pray those things everyday and lets see what God does.

1 comment:

Aimee said...

Last night's event was fantastic. Your message was dead-on. I left excited about Piedmont Church, excited about seeing what God is going to do, and excited about discovering my role in it! You are awesome. Thanks.