Jul 9, 2008

this bothered me

I read something today that bothered me and it should bother you as well.

I read that 50,000 people die each day without a relationship with Jesus.

Read that line again.

Now just think on that a little. Every single day the Kingdom loses 50,000 people.

Imagine if you lost 50,000 dollars a day in your business...What would you do?

I bet you would change some things. I believe that it is time that we change some things.

In Hebrews 9:27 it tell us that we are destine to die and then we face judgment. That is it, Game Over. 50,000 people a day face that judgment without forgiveness.

So what are you going to do about it? You may ask, "I am one person, what can I do?" You help change things one life at a time. It starts with you focusing on the people around you who would be a part of that 50,000 if they died today. Invest in them, serve them, forgive them, and invite them to come with you to Piedmont Church. God wants to use you in their life.

Christianity must not become a self-focused group of people, but a burden people who hurt for the 50,000 everyday and work hard to shrink that number.

It is time for you and me to do our part.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. The hardest group of people to be open with, is our family. Once we can get past that, everyone else is a drop in the bucket. I find it very difficult to open up. I've been shunned in the past, by christian and non-christian alike. And everything seems to be falling apart these days. Though the burden is there, it terrifies me to step into that public light. I'm not much into playing church, so it bothers me when I can't do what I know to be right because of my own fears.
To be christian is to be public, and to be public with Christ is to be an example. I guess I'm just scared of the type of an example I'll be.