Jul 11, 2008

Holy and Hip

I have a new friend. She is a teenage girl named Kennedy Bruce. She is the daughter of a friend and coach on Colton's All-star team. She told her dad recently that I am "Holy and Hip." I love that. I would hope that by "holy" she means that she sees some of the character of Christ in the way I live (I have so far to go in that) and by "hip" I hope she means relevant.

I think that should be the definition of the church today -Holy and Hip, or said another way...publicly living the character God in a way that seems relevant to those around. It is my passion that Piedmont is passionate about helping people pursue the character of God in a way that is relevant to their everyday life. That is what Jesus did when he was on earth. I guess you can say that Piedmont Church is striving to be like Jesus Christ, to be holy and hip.

No comments: