Jul 22, 2008

brudened but grateful

I often hear of a young pastor being frustrated, hounded, and criticized by a few people of their church. Many of these men were young men in my previous college ministry. They all gave up a lot to lead their church, sacrificed for the church, and worked harder than anyone could imagine. These churches have put an expectation on these men that no one but Christ could live up to, and then sliced them with whispering tongues.

I have seen first hand how people who claim the name of Christ can ignore so much of scripture in how they respond and treat others, especially pastors. It gets me fired up and gets me angry. I am very proud of these men, instead of fighting they resigned so as not to hurt the church. They are left to trust God to take care of them and their family, that is very cool to me. I would love to bring them to Macon to work with me at PC.

I have to say that I don't have this issue at Piedmont. I work along some of the greatest people on the planet. The staff is great, and to my amazement they understand the need to protect the pastor. They are truly the wind beneath my wings and I am so grateful. Thanks guys and keep up the good work!

3 comments:

torie.chipman@gmail.com said...

Jerry, I am so thankful for the opportunity that you and PC have given me. I am so excited to be a part of what PC is doing here in my home town. I also love the diversity that the PC staff has and I am looking forward to working with you all and getting to know you all on a more personal level. Thank you, Jerry and PC for what you are doing for me. Torie Chipman

greg blasche said...

tears

jana dingmore said...

I love our staff! They rock!