Mar 19, 2008

Steven Curtis Chapman made me mad

Ok, I went to a SCC concert recently. My 9 year old daughter found one of his old CDs we had and downloaded it to her ipod. She really liked it, so when I was given an opportunity to go to the concert I jumped at the chance.

I took Kenzie as my date, a little daddy daughter time. Well SCC has a song called Cinderella. It is a song about a dad and his daughter. It tells of how fast the little girl grows up and leaves.

Now I am not an outwardly emotional guy and I am uncomfortable around men who cry a lot, but I struggled with this song. About two minutes into the song I was talking to myself, "Don't cry, Don't cry, think happy thoughts." I made it through the song but just barely. So I am not real happy with that man right now.

I do realize that she is not going to remain my little girl forever and it makes me a little sad. There is something about that one little girl of mine that has a special place in my heart.

To you guys who think my teariness is a little wimpy, just wait till you begin to see your daughter grow up and become more independent...it is exciting and it sucks all at the same time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree 100% with you Jerry. I know how it is to see a girl grow up. I have witnessed it first hand myself. That song is very emotional. Chad