Mar 9, 2008

I believe in you

I was thinking today how you rarely hear pastors say that they believe in their people. We tend to tell our people what they should do, get on them about what they are not, and teach them bible knowledge but that is about it.

Well, let me change that. I want you to know that if you are reading this...I believe in you and what is possible in your life. I believe that you are a person of incredible value, and no matter your past, your future potential is amazing. I believe in you so much because you are uniquely created by God with a potential and a future. Just as a Picasso painting is valuable because of who painted it, you have incredible value because of who created you.

I do not want to hear you say, "Not me, I have made so many mistakes." Join the crowd!! God is more consumed with what you can be than what you have done. That is what forgiveness is all about. It is time that you start looking at your tomorrow like God does...it is a bright view.

If your today is dark because of circumstances out of your control, He is aware of that too and is prepared to walk you through to a better place.

I want you to know that there is a little, crazy, out-of-the-box preacher that believes in you, and a huge, eternal, uncontrollable God who does the same.

Have a Great Monday!

3 comments:

jana dingmore said...

That's what I love about you...equipping the unequipped. Your ministry inspires people to a place of servant leadership that they didn't think possible! Not just the same leaders that have led forever, but you see what people can be and equip them to be that. God gifted you that way, and you are exactly where you need to be to flourish in that!

shorty's girl said...

thanks for that encouragement. You and Jana are people WE believe in, not because you are perfect, but because of the infectious ways that you point us to our Savior. And because of what you have and are letting the Lord do through you. Thanks for being the kind of people that are real and transparent. You let your Maker shine through you in so many ways. Keep on keepin' on in this awesome vision of Piedmont Church! It is such a blessing to our family. We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

"God is more consumed with what you can be than what you have done..."

I know that I have heard you mention that before in a sermon recently, but wow, is that powerful. To know that my past is just that...past. Whether that past was ten years ago or just ten minutes ago. Everything I have done to screw up my life in the past is dead and gone. What really matters is that I have a bright shining future ahead because there is a giant "out-of-the-box" God who loves me.

It just doesn't get much better than that.