Aug 3, 2009

Thougths about Sunday

--Great start to the STAY series. I hope you were capture by how Jesus turned how we love in marriage upside down by simply changing from a noun to a verb. AWESOME!

--Music was great. Sorry to all the people who said if they knew we were going to do the Journey song "Faithfully," they would have brought their lighters to hold up. They were kidding, I think.

--Our All Star Kids had their end of the summer bash during All Star Kids times. I hear it was a big success. Jana, along with Shannon Durden, and all the other amazing volunteers do an awesome job. The hours that are put into that ministry each week is huge. Mind-boggling to be honest.

--I hear that Val and our Peewee All Star Ministry had a larger number of little children. I love to see all the children. I hope that we will become a partner with their parents to teach them our three "bottom lines" in this ministry; (1) God made me, (2) God loves Me, and (3) Jesus wants to be my friend forever.

--Student Ministry is making some changes and I really look forward to what is happening in that ministry. They had a great time at Camp, and Curt is ready to do some good work with that group. Several parents have mentioned great things about Curt, and he is great, but the real power in that family is Amber...sorry Curt, just keepin' it real.

--We announced www.piedmontverge.com this past Sunday to keep everyone informed on what is happening in our Verge Building Emphasis. I am excited about that opportunity to keep everyone informed on the "fluid" happenings of Verge. Keep praying and giving, I have a sense of excitement about it all.

No comments: