Aug 14, 2009

Christ is centrality -www.jerrydingmore.com

I love communicating the scripture, because I love to see people thrive and you thrive when you put scriptural principles into practice.

This is why we deal with biblical principles to improve your parenting, marriage, priorities, how to get a grip on everything from your money to your anger, to name a few. It is awesome when people began to make steps to living a better life.

That is all good and important stuff, but at the center of it all is not a self-help program, but Christ himself. I will tell you that you will fail at all that I speak about each Sunday without the help of something more powerful than you. You simply will not have the strength/courage/will power you need to constantly live the principles we communicate.

This week I was reading Colossians 1:17, and it reminded me that at the center of all is Christ.
Colossians 1:17
17He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.


Read that verse again. It is telling us that at the center of all that is good, and strong, and right, is Christ himself. It is through a real relationship with Christ that we become connected with the one who is capable to carry us in life. We invite into our lives the one who has the power to move us forward when we invite him in. This relationship is possible because of what Christ did on the cross.

I guess you can say that is all comes back to Christ. We will talk and challenge you at Piedmont in so many areas of your life, but in the end we will constantly point you to the beginning and ending line of a great life...Jesus Christ.

If you are ready to transfer your trust from yourself to Christ. I encourage you to talk with God. No magic formula, just say something like:

Jesus, I realize that I am not perfect. I know that I have disobeyed you. I also realize that you died on the cross to pay for my disobedience. I ask that you forgive me and to come live in my life. I do not want more religion but a real relationship with you. Jesus, help me to learn what following you means in these days. I accept your forgiveness and look forward to living the rest of my days by your strength.


Welcome to the rest of your life.

No comments: