Jul 25, 2009

What did you do June 16th?

Can you remember what you did last month? I remember last month as the month I spent several days eating lunches with people, watched my kids in the pool several times, went to several baseball and softball practices and games, amongst several other things. How about Tuesday, June 16th? I can't remember...I know we did staff meeting on that day, but other than that I do not know.

Well on June 16th a 33 year old lady named Ri Hyon Ok, mother of 3, living in North Korea, lived her last day. She was executed by the North Korean Government in a public execution. What was her crime? She was caught giving people bibles. Really? Wow!

I saw it on the AP Wire yesterday. It did appear on the Fox News website for a brief moment. No major story, no look into her life, no mention of it at all in most of the world. With no real protest, she was killed.

To me, that is so sobering and disturbing.

No comments: