Jul 24, 2009

Big Sky

I may freak you out with this because I admit it sounds a little strange, but the sky amazes me. To me the sky constantly gives me reasons to stop, thank, praise, and remember the awe of God.

From the beauty of the rising sun, to the bright sea of blue all day, to the power of a thunderstorm, to the fun feeling of snow, to the breathtaking volume of stars and planets that come out at night. To me the sky is an ever changing picture of the glory and power of God.

Again this may sound strange, but many times during the day I will look up and worship God in a word of thanks or praise because the sky reminds me how worthy he is of it. During the morning when I jog, sitting in a deer stand watching the sunrise, taking out the garbage on a bright blue day, or sitting in my office watching the flashes of lighting...all these thing give me opportunities to worship him briefly in that moment.

For me, worship is not just an hour on Sunday.

No comments: