Apr 5, 2009

Sunday Evening Reflections

Thoughts about Sunday at PC:
-We did communion today and to be humbly honest...it was awesome. I have no doubt that we took people back to the cross. I had one tell me that she was so impacted that she did the "ungly cry."
-I really think that today we reclaimed communion from the meaningless religious activity that it has become in many churches. Sorry, I never like to criticize other churches but I am passionate about this, maybe a little angry too.
-Band rocked and the songs selection was very good
-Chuck, who drives the All-star Kids Long Trailer, is incredible. We could not do it without you.
-We challenged the a lot of volunteers today with changes to our regular procedures in several things and they, like always, adapted like a champ.
-I needed to be at PC today because I needed to be reminded that God is madly in love with me, and that is what we did.

Next week is Easter and I am looking forward to it.

1 comment:

alleyne benson said...

I missed this sermon and have been trying to listen to it on the podcast. Will it be downloaded soon? I had several people tell me how meaningful the Lord's Supper sermon was for them. These were older relatives of mine that you truly opened their minds and taught them something about the Lord's Supper they did not know. They were so touched by the entire message. I look forward to hearing it myself. Thanks so much, alleyne benson