Apr 3, 2009

AWOL

I know, i have been so AWOL with my blogs. I just got out of the habit and keep wanting to post but never did. The result is nothing got done, even though my heart had good intentions.

I wonder how many of us have great intentions in our heart but are AWOL on action. We want to be a better husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc, but we don't put action behind that "good heart." We want to be a better employee, boss...we want to lead our family to know Christ better...we want to have have a better whatever...and the list goes on.

The problem is that nothing gets done because, though we have the right heart, we lack initiative. Scripture tells us that "those who don't work, don't eat." Isn't it time to not allow the "my heart is good" thinking stop us from acting. Ask yourself right now, "What is the one thing you really need to do that you have put off, and off, and off from doing?" Go now and make one step in that direction and ask God to guide you. You just might find that a new chapter in your life begins now.

No comments: