Dec 1, 2008

Passion part 1

I was in Atlanta recently sitting at a read light. Standing on the corner in front of me was a guy holding a sign telling me of a sale at a local store. I am sure that you have seen those guys. He was actually sitting on a stool talking on a cell phone. It was obvious that is was just a job to him.

I then drove down to the next light and there was another guy. He was having a blast. He had a rectangle shaped sign and could throw it up and catch it. He was flipping it many different directions and caught it 90% of the time. I was captivated. I can tell you exactly what was on his sign. I wanted to get out and join him. It was very cool.

The difference between these two guys is one had a job, and the other had passion for his job. It is amazing that when you can near someone who has passion for something how that captivates us, how it draws us in, and makes what that person is passionate about more believable.

I challenge you to ask God to fire up your passion to know him, serve him, and pursue him. That alone will get people's attention. And what does it look like when we serve him with passion? We will answer that question in the next blog.

2 comments:

jana dingmore said...

I love your passion, babe.
I saw the same two guys with the same two signs, yet you used that scene to teach me something...I love how your mind works.
love you!
me

Anonymous said...

I want call you "babe," but it was a good image.

Isn't it great the way the Spirit will sanctify vision? Allow us to see things in a different way?

Blessings on your vision and ministry.