Apr 15, 2008

Stirred

Remember when Popeye got so fed up that he would say, "I can't stanz it, I can't stanz it no more." It was then that he had to do something, he just couldn't sit by and not act.

I am often asked how does one know when God is leading them in something or to do something. I believe that God will bring you to something much more that a "feeling" that you need to do something. He will create a Popeye moment in your heart. There will be something inside of you that demands a response in you. In your heart you will say that "I can't stanz it, I can't stanz it no more." One well known pastor calls it a holy discontent.

This is why we started Piedmont Church. It wasn't because we just wanted to, we simply couldn't stand by and do nothing...we had to act.

I convinced that as you seriously follow Christ he will stir you and bring you to Popeye moments. It is a process and often you will see it coming if your looking. Are you looking?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I agree. The world compelling is an understatement. It's more like a pushing, pulling, or shoving in the right direction. Often times the hardest thing to do is to drop what you are doing, turn, and follow. Then, if you do turn, fear plays a big role in holding you back. Fear, politics, money, all excuses. But to be in that place where God is, and to know it, there is such a peace. To be outside of that is distraction, discontent, and even madness.

I believe it was in 2 Chronicles 14: the Lord's eyes roam the Earth seeking those whose hearts are perfect to him so that he may show himself strong for them.......