Apr 11, 2008

Oprah

I know that I am running a risk talking about Oprah. So don't be hate'n. I know that she is promoting a new way of thinking about God and life these days...another name for that is Theology. She is promoting a new Theology. Actually, it is not new because much of it dates back to the time of the scripture. It has several elements of what was called gnosticism, but that is a whole other story.

What I find interesting is that she is viewed by many as a expert on relationships like marriage, parenting, and the like. I am sure she has views on these topics and her views could have some redeeming value. But the woman has chosen to bypass the marriage commitment, and she is not a parent. That is like me teaching you how to become great at soccer, oh and by the way, I don't play the game. Doesn't make much sense to me.

You would do better to DVR American Idol instead, then when you want advice on marriage, family, or relationships, find someone whom you have observed who has built a great marriage and who has raised kids who you want yours to be like. Get to know her, ask her for advice, and seek the input from someone who has walked well where you want to walk.

Oprah, I am thankful for the refrigerator that I have from you, but a relationship mentor you are not.

No comments: