Jul 13, 2007

16 great years

I am a lucky man, I am married to my best friend. I am not a real sappy kind of guy and so for me to say that is not meant to get "awe how sweet" from the ladies. It is simply the truth. I enjoy having my wife with me and there are few things that we do not talk about. She knows everything about me...my good and bad sides, my strengths and weaknesses. That is a good and bad thing, it is really hard to hide things from her.

It wasn't long ago that I went through some hard times and she was my great advisor and walked with me through it all. Oh, now I do not mean to communicate that we have not had our tough times. Man oh man, we have had our moments. Jana has looked at me and said, "Sometimes you are so sweet I could just eat you up, and sometimes I wished I had." But sticking it through those times and learning that love is less an emotion and more of a decision is what has made our love something better...it has made it a great friendship.

Today I celebrate 16 years of marriage and look for a lot more to come. It is the hardest thing I have ever work on, but what is being built is something so strong, so encouraging, and so right that it is worth whatever I have to put into it.

Thanks Jana for 16 years of great marriage!

Your husband, lover, and BF,
Me

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jerry, I think it's great, your relationship with Jana. A while back, when you were going through some 'things', people commented on how she stood by you when you were being criticized and called names, like she was supposed to turn her back on you in shock and dismay. Love and marriage ARE a gift from God, and to find a partner who you can count on and trust and share EVERYTHING with is such an honor. From another person who has the same great relationship-thank you, GOD, for keeping Love alive as an example to your commitment to us!!