Jun 28, 2007

Pioneers

Today was an awesome day. I met with Brad to finish the planning for an awesome first preview service and tonight I attended part of our children's equipping meeting. I love to see people willing to take a risk and walk with God. Moses, David, Samuel, the first disciples...all these people were pioneers and all of them saw God do some amazing things in and through them.

God seems to like to do big things when ordinary people are willing to step out as pioneers and risk something for the cause of Christ. That is what every volunteer of Piedmont Church is doing. They are steping up and being a pioneer for the cause of Christ...I believe that God is going to do something awesome through them individually and collectively.

They are all teammates with me as we work together to create some irresistible environments to help those who are far from God connect with Christ. TOGETHER we are going to build something big for the cause of Christ...I am convinced of that.

To those involved let me say thanks and get ready for God to give you purpose and use you in concert with others to change lives. If you are not, come join this team by finding your place to live beyond yourself by getting involved.

This is not about another church in Macon, to me it is the beginning of a movement of ordinary people who are not interested in doing Church, but want to connect with Christ and help others do the same.

No comments: