Jun 18, 2007

heavily medicated

Last night I had a little headache and so I took some muscle relaxants. That is like turning on a fire hydrant to get a drink...a little overkill. As the medicine kicked-in I could tell and feel it's effects. I was not operating in a way that I knew I could and really wanted to...drugged up a little.

In many ways that is how people live everyday. The "medication" that many are "drugged up" on is not the pill kind. Nonetheless it causes us to be a little less of what we could be, we "take it" because it will make us feel good for a while.

For some the drug is making a lot of money, for others it may be spending a lot of money, or maybe its comfort, bitterness toward someone, living for ourself, an overactive schedule, impressing others with our looks, the list could go on and on. When we let our lives be focused on these things they keep us from functioning at the level in which God intends us to and we know it if we are brave enough to take an honest and prolonged inner search.

What is your drug that you tend to over medicated yourself with? Spend a little time this week asking God this question, I know that he is dying to reveal it to you if you seek diligently for it.

No comments: