Jun 24, 2008

Braves Game

I went to the Braves game tonight. I sat on the second row behind the Brave's dugout. I could have almost reached out and smack Chipper Jones on the head if I had wanted to. The first base ump made a terrible call and boy did he get heckled for about 15 minutes by one guy.

The guy went on, and on, and on, and on. We were all so close so there is no doubt that the ump heard this guy. The guy finally stopped and announced to all who could hear, "I have waited all my life to yell at an ump who could actually hear me." I laughed, no doubt his first time to sit that close.

There is something powerful that happens when you believe that you are being heard. Maybe that is why we don't pray like we should. Maybe in our minds we are still waiting to get close enough to God to believe that we are close enough for Him to finally hear us.

The scripture is clear, God hears. He hears every beat of your heart, every word on your lips, and every thought in your head. He is listening. Ask God to help you to get to a place where you are emotionally convinced that He hears. When you get to that place you just might be amazed at the resulting passion for prayer that is created within you.

No comments: