Feb 28, 2008

Dominate

Jana, my wife, has always been a partner with me. She knows me well and keeps me moving in a great direction. She helps me see things that I may not see and she is my life's 2nd greatest cheerleader...Christ is my life's greatest cheerleader (and your's by the way).

My passion in starting Piedmont was to create something that is bigger than I am, something that would impact not only a group of people, but a city. Jana knows that and lately she has been using the word dominate a lot. She has spoken that word at just the right place and time to remind me that we must do what it takes to dominate the city.

We do not want to be quiet or fall into the mold of being that good little church of good little people down the street. No our desire is to dominate, to do whatever it takes to awaken people that there is a God that is pursing them. That our God is the God of this world and the God of this city...a God who has so much for us and is waiting for us to invite him to invade our everyday.

We are going to dominate. We love too much, long for so much, in need of so much, and want so much for others to encounter this amazing God that we can not do anything but dominate. We will not be quiet!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Chad said...

I believe this is right church to make this city on fire for the Lord. We will dominate with our Lord and Savior by our side. Macon has needed a church like this for a long time.

Chad said...

Piedmont Church will dominate this city with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ walking side by side with us. I see him at work in so many ways with Piedmont. He will bless us.